10 Books That Were Banned For Awkward Reasons
Some people find reading as an amazing habit, while some feel it’s waste of time. For those who love reading, often know about the best books and it would be hard for you to believe that some of the most amazing books were banned at one point of time. Look here to know which were them all:
- ‘A Clockwork Orange’ definitely is a violent book, you might know and during 70’s it was a crime to sell it.
2. ‘The Grapes Of Wrath’ was considered communist propaganda and so was banned, majorly because it highlights the plight of migrant workers
3. ‘ The Lord of the Flies’ was banned as it concentrates on questioning ‘the inherent goodness of human nature’.
4. ‘ A Separate Peace’ got banned because of its strong language
5. ‘The Call Of The Wild’ was banned due to it’s author’s liberal political views according to that time
6. ‘ How To Eat Fried Worms’ was banned because it was believed that the book is encouraging people to actually eat worms
7. Although many schools forced children to read ‘ The Catcher In The Rye’, but it was once banned because it was considered that the book caused bad attitude in Holden Caulfield & hence it might corrupt other youngsters as well.
8. ‘Charlie And The Chocolate Factory’, an amazing book was banned for promoting bad philosophy in life.
9. ‘For Whom The Bell Trolls’ was deemed by the postal service in a way that they couldn’t even mail it.
10. ‘ To Kill A Mockingbird’, a classic book by Harper Lee was once banned due to its harsh opposition towards social injustice & racism.