Most Expensive Weddings In History!
Try to recall how you felt when you attend the most happening, luxurious, expensive marriage you have ever been to. Now just try to imagine how it would feel to be part of one of the most expensive weddings in the history. Here we have compiled a list of top 10 most expensive weddings of our times.
10. Liza Minelli and David Gest: -The groom is a music producer and the bride is a Broadway star and the daughter of Jury Garland. The wedding was held in the year of 2002 with a cost of $4.3 million. The major attractions were Natalie Cole, Tony Bennett and 60- piece orchestra performance.
9. Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky: – The bride is the daughter of former American president Bill Clinton, got married to her childhood friend who is an investment banker. Marriage was held in 2010 and cost was around $5 million. The major attraction of the wedding was security arrangements and celebrity guests. The Cake cost $11000 and bride wedding dress cost $25000.
8. Wayne Rooney and Coleen McLaughlin: – This groom is a famous footballer and at that time was one of the highest paid footballers and the bride is best known as Wayne Rooney’s wife though she has been a Television presenter and a columnist. They spent around $15 million in the year of 2008 for their wedding. The Wedding, a 4 day ceremony, was held in Villa Durazzo in Italy. Bridal dress was made with crystals and pearls which costed 200000Euros.
7. Vikram Chatwal and Priya Sachdeva: -Vikram Chatwal is an American hotelier and even the first Sikh model to appear in Vogue magazine and the bride is a model. This wedding was an extravagant affair of ten days, which took place in 2006 in different metro cities. The expense was around $20 million.
6. Andrey Melnichenko and Aleksandra Kokotovic: – This was the wedding of billionaire of Russia Andrey Melnichenko and Miss. Yugoslavia Aleksandra Kokotovic. They spent around $30 million for their wedding. The Wedding was held in Cote D’Azur in France in the year of 2005. The dominant attraction of this wedding was the performance of stars.
5. Prince William and Kate Middleton: – This royal wedding was held in 2011. This wedding was broadcasted all over the world. Prince William is Duke of Cambridge and the bride is a commoner. They spent $34 million in their marriage and the dominant attraction of this wedding was $80000 eight floor fruit cake while another was $800000 spent on flower decoration.
4. Vanisha Mittal and Amit Bhatia: – Vanisha Mittal, daughter of business tycoon Laxshmi Niwas Mittal and Amit Bhatia, chairman of Hope Construction Material got married in 2004. The engagement was held in Palace of Versailles. Invitation cards had 20 pages each and were made with silver. The Star attractions of the marriage were fireworks from Eiffel Tower, the performance by Kylie Minogue and cuisine made by chefs flown from India. Expense was around $58million.
3. Prince Charles and Lady Diana: – This wedding was no less than a fairytale where the groom and the bride need no introduction. They got married in 1981 while a huge amount of people were glued to the television to see them and more than 600000 people were on the paths to witness this marriage. Brides dress was decorated with 10000 pearls and ring worth $60000. The total expense of this was around $115 million.
2. Seemanto Roy & Chnadana Toor and Sushanto Roy & Richa Roy:- This wedding was held in 2004 and around $123million was spent on it. The grooms are sons of Sahara India Pariwar owner Subrata Roy. The star attractions of this marriage were its cuisine, 11000 guests from all over the world, British symphony Orchestra and many more. Famous Indian director and producer Raj Kumar Santoshi, directed the filming of this event.
1. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum and Sheikha Hind Bint Maktoum:- The groom Sheikh Mohammed, who is vice president and prime minister of the UAE. And the bride Sheikha Hind, who is a daughter of Dubai’s ruling family. They got married in 1979 and the expense was about $137 millions. The attraction point of this wedding was the venue which was a stadium built only for this marriage especially. And this ruler fed the whole nation on his marriage.